M.B.,B.S., D.V.D., D.N.B.
Consultant in Skin,
S.T.D. and Leprosy
||Light House Poly Clinic,
Light House Condominium,
Light House Hill Road,
MANGALORE - 575001
|| Indian Association of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology
Association of Cutaneous Surgeons of India
CURRICULUM VITAE OF DR. BALASARASWATHY PANAMBUR
M. B.,B.S.: January 1992; Karnataka Medical College,
Karnataka University, Hubli, Karnataka State, India
D.V.D.: July 1996, first class with distinction, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Academy of Higher education, Mangalore, Karnataka, India
D.N.B.: May 2000; P.S.G. Institute of Medical
Science and Research, Coimbatore.
- Kasturba Hospital,
Manipal: One month training in skin grafting for vitiligo and
other dermatosurgical techniques, PUVA therapy with UV A unit, under the guidance of Dr. C.R. Srinivas, then Prof. and Head, Dept. of Dermatology
and Dr. Shruthakirthi Shenoi, Asst. Prof. of Dermatology.
- Balabhai Nanavathi Hospital, Mumbai:
Trained in dermatosurgical
procedures like punch grafting for vitiligo and non-healing
ulcers, simple excision, chemical peeling, cryotherapy, acne scar
treatment and PUVA therapy under the
guidance of Dr. Satish Savanth and Dr. Vinay Saraf, pioneers in dermatological
and cosmetic surgery in India.
- Manipal Hospital,
Bangalore: Trained in applications of laser in dermatology
under the guidance of Dr. Kripashanker and Dr. Shanker Desai.
- Consultant Dermatologist at Spandana Center for Metabolic
Medicine and Light House Polyclinic, Mangalore, India
- Assistant Professor,
Dept. of Dermatology, K.S. Hegde Medical Academy, Deralakatte (May 2000 to
- Tutor: Dept. of Dermatology, P.S.G. Inst. of Medical
Science and Research, Coimbatore (Feb 1999 to Feb 2000)
- Tutor: Dept. of Dermatology, K.S. Hegde Medical
Academy, Deralakatte (Dec 1998 to Feb 1999)
- Asst. Professor: Dept. of Dermatology, A.B. Shetty
Memorial Inst. of Dental Scs, Mangalore (July 1996 to Dec 1998)
- Tutor: Dept. Of Pharmacology, Kasturba Medical
College, Mangalore (Dec 1, 1992 to Nov 30, 1993)
- Delivered a lecture on Sunlight In India at the Photodermatology Workshop held during
the National Conference of IADVL at Mumbai, January 22, 2004
- Paper on UVA and UVB in Sunlight at the Award Paper Session at National Conference of
IADVL at Bangalore, 2001
- Kakkilaya BS , Balasaraswathy P , Motha B. Leptospirosis and Ground Itch.
Doctor. 2001 October 31:252.
- Balasaraswathy P, Kakkilaya BS, Shetty KM, Parameshwaraiah S. A case of diabetes
mellitus with xanthoma disseminatum. Ind J Dermatol. 2002;47(1)29-31
- Balasaraswathy P, Udayakumar, Sreenivas CR, Shashidharan Nair. UVA and UVB in sunlight:
Optimal utilization of UV rays in sunlight for phototherapy. IJDVL. 2002;68:198-201
- Balasaraswathy P, Theerthanath. Cutaneous blastomycosis presenting as non-healing ulcer
and responding to oral ketoconazole. Dermatology Online Journal 9(5):19
CONFERENCES AND CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION (C.M.E.) PROGRAMMES ATTENDED:
- C.M.E. programme on photo therapy, contact dermatitis and
dermato surgery at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal.
- The conference of the Karnataka and Tamilnadu Chapter of Indian
Association of Dermatology / Venereology / Leprology held at Mangalore.
- The South Zone conference of I.A.D.V.L. held at Calicut.
- The 1st National conference of Association of
dermatological surgeons of India held at Bangalore.
- C.M.E. programme on dermato pathology held at Bombay.
- 1st National conference on paediatric dermatology held at
Wadia Hospital, Mumbai
- 3rd National Conference of A.D.S.I. held at Coimbatore in
- South Zone Conference of I.A.D.V.L. held in November 1998 at Mysore.
- Workshop/Conference of ADSI at Goa, 2002
- National Conference of IADVL, Mumbai, Jan 2004
- National Conference of ADSI, Pune, Nov 2004
Cosmetology Conference, Mumbai, February 2005
Cosmetology Conference, Goa, August 2006
- South Zone Conference of I.A.D.V.L.,
September 2006 at Vishakhapatnam
MEMBERSHIP OF ASSOCIATIONS:
- Life member of the Indian association of dermatology/venereology/ leprology (IADVL)
- Life member of Association of
Cutaneous Surgeons of India (A.C.S.I.)